Saturday, January 21, 2006

Kayaking


It is such a long time since I sat in a sea kayak, three months or so. Last summer I think I had an overdose of kayaking, not the fun kayaking - trips and such but the work related kayaking. The worst part about work related kayaking is the fact that it generally does not involve the sea or nature ā€“ the reasons that got me interested in this sport to begin with. The main parts of work related kayaking, at least the one I did, involved either sitting at a desk or being in a pool.
So I am very glad that I quit my job selling kayaks and I am considering dropping the coaching as well and make sea kayaking a hobby again, that way I see more good kayaking in my future.
We have decided to take all of our stuff with us when we move to Victoria, we will lease a 20ft container and this way we will be able to take our kayaks with us.
The only thing worrying about that plan is storage for the kayaks in Victoria ā€“ we will probably be staying at the Uvic campus and the family townhouses there do not include a garage. I am searching for a kayak club in Victoria as kayak clubs often offer spaces for lease to store kayaks. Well if anyone reading this has any suggestions please feel free to advise.
I could sell the Romany and the Explorer and buy new ones from Shawna and Leon but Iā€™d hate to as both of them are exactly as I like them plus the wait for a new NDK boat is often very long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home